Prior to a divorce, there are steps that should be taken.
1. Gather financial information. You should copy the last 3 years of tax returns, the last 6 months of bank, retirement, brokerage, statements, and pay stubs. The more financial information the better.
2. Make a household budget. Calculate you home financial situation to determine what you need to make ends meet.
3. Think about what assets you want. It is helpful to think about what assets you want at the end of the divorce and what you can afford.
4. Think about a parenting time schedule. If you have children, you will need to propose a schedule for parenting time that will work.
5. Set aside money for the divorce. When a divorce is filed, typically money gets tight. You should set aside money for an attorney and about three months of expenses if you can. This will make the transition easier.
6. Consult with an attorney. The next step is to consult with an attorney to review your options. each case is different.
Krupp Law Offices PC offers a free consultation. just call.
GRAND RAPIDS DIVORCE ATTORNEYS – KRUPP LAW OFFICES PC
If you are facing a divorce, a good divorce attorney is not optional, it is a requirement! Our divorce attorneys can answer your questions with straight talk. Having the right divorce attorney on your side can relieve your stress during this difficult situation. Our attorneys have over 85 years of divorce experience. Our attorneys have extensive divorce trial experience including property settlements, spousal support, alimony, child custody, and other serious divorce related issues. Typical fees to retain attorney for a divorce case can range and from 1,500 dollars to as high as 5,000 dollars. Considering the seriousness of this life changing event, it is extremely important to retain the services of an experienced attorney in the area of divorce.
Krupp Law Offices P.C. is located in downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan and has the right divorce attorney for you. We represent clients in all divorce matters throughout West Michigan, including the cities of Grand Rapids, Holland, and Grand Haven, and the counties of Kent, Ottawa, Allegan, Barry, Newaygo, Montcalm, Muskegon, and Ionia.
Call for a free phone consultation. Our office can help.
KRUPP LAW OFFICES P.C.
161 Ottawa NW Suite 404
Grand Rapids MI 49503
616-459-6636 or firstname.lastname@example.org